- This policy covers how TrackIt treats personal information that TrackIt
collects and receives, including information related to your past use of
TrackIt products and services. Personal information is information about you
that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or
phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that TrackIt does not
own or control, or to people that TrackIt does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- TrackIt collects personal information when you register with TrackIt, when
you use TrackIt products or services, when you visit TrackIt pages or the pages of certain TrackIt
partners. TrackIt may combine information about you that we have with
information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address,
address, city, country, etc. Once you register with
TrackIt and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- TrackIt collects information about your transactions with us and with some of
our business partners, including information about your use of products and
services that we offer.
- TrackIt automatically receives and records information on our server logs from
your browser, including your IP address, TrackIt cookie information, and the
page you request.
- TrackIt uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the
advertising and content you see, fulfil your requests for products and
services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide
anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
TrackIt Mobile Applications (“Apps”)
- We collect information that a mobile device sends when an App is being used, such as a unique identifier, user settings and the operating system of the device, as well as data about the use of the App.
An App may access the applicable mobile device’s GPS coordinates or location of the device, thereby causing us to collect and store data about the location of the user of the App.
- The Apps also capture the location of any TrackIt Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices' location information (provided said BLE devices are in reach of the mobile device).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- TrackIt does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with
other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services
you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with
TrackIt under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your
personal information to help TrackIt communicate with you about offers from
TrackIt and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any
independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or
exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate,
prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud,
situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person,
- We transfer information about you if TrackIt is acquired by or merged with
another company. In this event, TrackIt will notify you before information
- TrackIt displays targeted advertisements based on personal information.
Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who
interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for
example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- TrackIt does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you
interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an
ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the
assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Your Ability to Edit Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your TrackIt Account Information, including your preferences, at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the
TrackIt service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and
the TrackIt Newsletter, that are considered part of your TrackIt account,
without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe
reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products
or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- Your TrackIt Account Information is password-protected.
- In certain areas TrackIt uses industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data
- TrackIt may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes
in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary
email address specified in your TrackIt account or by placing a prominent
notice on our site.